Humboldt Apothecary is a women owned and operated business nestled in the redwoods of Humboldt County, California. We have over 25 years experience as herbalists, and we consider the most current research while carefully blending our formulas. We have a commitment to sustainable and environmentally friendly practices and quality ingredients. All of our products are made with love and we truly hope that you enjoy them.
Knowing how much tincture to take can be confusing, but it doesn’t have to be. Herbs will affect everyone in slightly different ways. This is why we can’t give general dosing instructions that work for everybody. The following tips should help you find your perfect dose within a relatively short period of time. Keep in mind that your required dose may change over time. Consuming with healthy fatty foods such as nuts, yogurt, avocado, cheese, will minimize delayed onset of desired effects.
Drop=Individual Drops Dropperful/1mL=Filling The Dropper
One Serving=1 dropperful or 1 mL
One Serving = 1/4 mL per 10 lbs body weight up to 1 mL
- START SMALL: For new users we recommend initially starting with half of a serving. If you feel mild effects, but not exactly what you want, try increasing to a full serving. For experienced users, we recommend starting with one serving. All users may increase dosage in increments as desired until you find the dose that feels perfect for you.
- DELAYED ONSET: Taking tincture is different from smoking in that it can take 1 to 2 hours before you feel the full effects. Keep this in mind when choosing when to take it and when considering taking more.
- BE PATIENT: It may take several tries before you find the dose that works best for you.
- BE CONSISTENT: Depending on your condition, the formula may work best for you if taken moderately 2-4 times a day rather than in one dose.
- YOU KNOW YOUR BODY BEST: Only you can decide the right amount for you. If you experience unpleasant effects, stop taking immediately.